Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Light Your Lamp


There is a church in England that has no lights. Many people who visit the church are shocked that the architect left out something as important as overhead lighting.But the architect had a plan. The various families who regularly attend the church are given their own pew, as well as a lamp and a book. When a family comes to church,their lamp is lit. If they are not in church, the pew is dark.
What difference can one darkened pew make? Not much, you might think. But what if several pews are lacking lamps? Then the whole church would be affected. It's obvious.If all are present and in their pews, the church is alive with light. If not, the place becomes dark.
What a beautiful picture of the body of Christ! If any one of us is not using the gifts God has given, there will be darkness; but as we use our gifts, the whole body will be full of light,. This is how intimately we are linked one with another.That's why the Lord made it a command - He has made us a light in order to shine for the sake of others.*[1]
"If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it" (1 Corinthians 12:26).




My mother and I are kept by God 's grace. Mum has her eye appointment tomorrow at 7pm. I have arranged for a taxi to take us. We are confident that all will go well.
I was having severe back and knee pain but today I am better. All the stress and tension of the past few days cause d it I think.
Dear friends I have slowed down in my blog visits, but I am catching up slowly.
This morning I got a call from Namrita (my sister who lives in N.E. India). She contacted a mosquito bourne viral fever called chikungunya.
She has excruciating body and joint pain as well as fever. Her husband is also not well. Namrita is a working Mom and does her own housework. Please pray for her recovery and for her husband 's extended family and friends to help them. She can 't even get up from her bed.
Her in-laws are very good and have assisted them when they 've been sick. I have also written on her Facebook wall and a local friend has responded.
Click HERE for information about this horrible disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment