Thursday, December 16, 2010

Gobi Manchurian for Premier Wen Ziabao


Chinese Premier Wen Ziabao is on a state visit to India. In his team there are 400 top businessmen and diplomats. Mr Obama ha d about 200 in his entourage.China is India 's largest neighbour and looms above us like a fire breathing dragon. We have border issues to settle with China also infiltration, claiming our North eastern state of Arunachal Pradesh as South Tibet. China has designed its own map of India, showing the whole of Kashmir as part of Pakistan and Arunachal Pradesh as South Tibet. The Tibetan nation in exile has found refuge in India. The Dragon is very chummy with Pakistan too. There is competition in the business and economy sector.After Independence we fought a war with China. It ended with the slogan Hindi -Chini bhai - bhai (brothers) but now it should be Hindi-Chini bye - bye.
Anyway, to celebrate the Chinese visit I decided to make Gobi Manchurian today. Actually our garden is yielding quite a lot of gobis or cauliflower so I wanted to try different gobi recipes instead of just one kind.Gobi Manchurian is an Indian invention. The Chinese have not even heard of it mind you. But its very popular in India. Try it. Its easy to make and can be eaten as a side dish.
Cauliflower/Gobi Manchurian

Ingredients for cauliflower Manchurian :

1 medium Gobhi (Cauliflower)
3/4 cup Flour (Maida)
1 tbsp Corn Flour
Salt to taste
1 Chopped green chili (omit it if you like)
11/2 tbsp Garlic Paste
11/2 tbsp Ginger Paste
1 cup finely Chopped Onions
Finely Chopped Coriander Leaves
1/4th tsp Ajinomoto (omit it if you want)
2 tbsp Soya Sauce
2-3 tbsp Tomato Ketchup
2 tbsp Oil

Preparation of gobhi manchurian :
Make a paste of maida, corn flour and salt using water.
Take a tsp. of ginger and garlic paste, add it to the paste.
Dip the gobi florets in the paste and deep fry till golden brown. Keep aside.
Heat oil in another pan and add the left ginger & garlic paste, chopped onions and green chili to it.
Now, mix aginomoto, soya sauce and tomato sauce to it.
Add fried Gobi kept aside and mix well. Garnish it with coriander leaves. Serve the gobi Manchurian hot.



Earlier I ha d made Quiche Lorraine, so I thought I' d share a photo here. My quiche was very simple -tomato and cheese with eggs. But it tasted just as nice. On the side is my home made cream of mushroom soup, another favorite .When I watch the arrogant chefs on Masterchef India, I am thankful I don' t have such superior and complicated tastes. I could be a ' honey and locust ' person like John the Baptist. LOL.

************************

I went all the way to the bank today to get my papers approved, but the manager was absent. He was in a meeting elsewhere and would be available after 2 pm. Disappointed I returned home. I called him on his cell phone at half past 2 but he was still not in his office.

I gave up!. Tomorrow I will call him to make sure he is in his office before traipsing all the way there.LOL.

*****************************

Painter Pradeep could only do one gate with the paint he had bought, he couldn 't afford any more.So I bought paint for the second gate. Just had to do it. God will provide for the expense.

Take care all of you. God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment