Friday, November 7, 2008

Happy Birthday Billy Graham

When I was 12 years old Dr Akbar Haqq, an associate evengelist with the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association came to my city to hold revival meetings. Our family went every night. And on a Sunday afternoon when I heard the preacher expound the death of Christ on Calvary and why I must be born again and make my decision publically , I gave my heart to Jesus. It was very difficult for me to raise my hand and walk up front for prayer as I was very shy and lacked self confidence, but I did it by God 's grace. A missionary lady was my counsellor and I still have the little booklets she gave me about how to live the Christian life.

I used to listen to "The Hour of Decision " for many years . I wrote to them every month and got free books which Cliff Barrows anounced. They also sent me the Decision magazine which I carefully saved.

God bless you Dr Graham and Happy Birthday to you.

_______________________________ Those whose lives have been influenced by the ministry of Reverend Billy Graham are being invited to send a special birthday greeting to the evangelist.

Editor's note: Associated Press is reporting that the evangelist
was hospitalized last Saturday) after suffering a fall late Friday
at his home in North Carolina. X-rays showed no broken bones,
and he expects to be home later today.

Graham turns 90 on November 7, and to help the evangelist celebrate, the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association (BGEA) is asking people to submit birthday wishes and testimonies to the ministry's website. The greetings and stories will be gathered and made into a book that will be presented to Dr. Graham. Ken Barun with the BGEA believes the greetings and well-wishers will encourage Graham. "So many people have been touched by the work that the Lord asked Mr. Graham to do while he's on this earth that we wanted to give an opportunity for those people to get in touch with Mr. Graham, send a birthday greeting, and share the story about how their [lives were] impacted by him," Barun explains. Barun says Graham is losing his sight and hearing, but he is alert and well enough to have spoken for about 15 minutes last month at a picnic for ministry staffers.

No comments:

Post a Comment