Saturday, December 20, 2008

Celebrate

Since the past 2 days my Internet connection
had been disrupted. Its all over India I was informed.
Some undersea cables have snapped.
It took me close to 2 hours to get the pictures of
this post uploaded. I was doing
other things while keeping an eye
on the computer.
Well, God certainly has a sense of humor and He fulfils the
desires of our hearts in
surprising ways.
This week I was feeling the seasonal blues as
everyone I know seemed to be
going out for parties and celebrations.
I was bordering on self pity by Thursday afternoon
when the phone rang and I received
an invitation to the closing dinner
of the Bible College.
That really perked me up -
just meeting people and hanging around a large group of folks
most of them I don 't know personally.
_____________________
Yesterday I went to a Bible Institute
for a Christmas worship service and dinner.
Above is a photo of the decorated
meeting hall.
A group of African students
(they are university students)
sang very lively songs in Swahili,
the Zambian language, English and Hindi.

Aunties who gave me a ride in their
car. They are my church members.

All these ladies are my mother 's friends.
The lady in the centre is the oldest member
of her church.Everyone calls her Mama
and gives her a lot of love and respect.
The Bible Institute decorated with Christmas lights.
_____________________________
Its not too cold for me, but my Mom
was feeling very cold
so we lit a charcoal fire for her
Later on the turned on the electric heater.
We don 't have central heating in our homes.
Hope you all are keeping warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment