Sunday, December 28, 2008

Sunday Blessings

Yesterday I went to a shopping Mall to
buy groceries and a present
for my cousin 's January 5th wedding
I bought these nice stainless steel cups and saucers -
they are quite in vogue here.
Walking around window shopping. I saw a lovely
black patent leather hand bag - Chinese made -
just the kind I fancied - cost about $10 after discount I asked for a further discount, but was refused -
so I self - denied it
Shopping is a good
practice in self denial and control.
When I dug into my purse to pay the check-out girl
I found my wallet missing..
The ground from under my feet slipped
clouds of darkness swirled in front of my eyes
an elephant stomped on my lungs and I felt
like I was scuba diving in slow motion
in the depths of the Arabian Sea.
I thought someone had pick-pocketed me.
This was my personal
ECONOMIC MELTDOWN.
I had bought a few things at another store
and before entering the mall deposited my
bag at the baggage counter - people are not
allowed to carry anything except their purses into the
the shopping area for security reasons.
I explained my position to the cashier and
she was very concerned and said she would hold my things while I
went and checked my other bag.
I ran to the baggage counter breathing fervent prayers
to My Eternal Rescuer
There I found my wallet with all the cash in tact inside my other bag.
I nearly collapsed to the floor with relief.
Everyone at the cash counter
was also relieved when
I told them I had found my wallet.

This might be my misjudgement or forgetfulness
but it could have been worse and I praise God
for being my "very present help".

No comments:

Post a Comment