Saturday, November 21, 2009

The Blooming of Roses


Last night we got a delivery of 30 bags of cement and this morning the last load of bricks. Hopefully work on the wall will begin by next week.

Its getting cooler. Temperature is in the 60s and 70s. That 's pretty cold for us. Got my light sweaters out and warm quilts too. Temperature will drop further in the coming days. We experience extreme climatic conditions here.



I got a call from my adopted sister Sonia that they are coming on Thursday 26th for a friend 's wedding (27th) We are very happy for this pleasant surprise. Sonia, her husband and son Abner will be here till Sunday afternoon. And I will tag along with them to the wedding,
hoping to take pictures and videos.


I have to get the house ready by Thursday. Was busy doing that all day and in the evening talked with my elder sister and family for over an hour on Skype.
Later on I watched some TV coverage on last year 's Mumbai terror attacks on 26/11. It was very disturbing and emotionally moving to watch the stories of the victims, survivors and martyrs. Mama could not endure it, she had to leave, she was crying. and I was too.About 180 people lost their lives in that reign of barbarism. People with gaping holes in their hearts will never get their loved ones back. Parents will not know how their children would grow up. Children robbed of their parents love and protection. Husbands, wives , grandparents , brothers, sisters all under a veil of tears.How inconsolable I would be if it had happened to me.
I found this amazing video and take comfort in the miracle of nature.
I think they used a time lapse camera.


The handiwork of God, who gives beauty in the place of ashes,as the Bible says. He is the God of all comfort.Just as the buds unfold imperceptibly in the stillness of time,here captured by an electronic eye, God 's love and comfort can unfold in our hearts if we let it.

Here are roses from our garden taken last year.Right now our bushes have been pruned, they will bloom after a few days.


When the Rose is Faded by Walter de la Mare
When the rose is faded, Memory may still dwell on Her beauty shadowed, And the sweet smell gone. That vanishing loveliness, That burdening breath, No bond of life hath then, Nor grief of death. 'Tis the immortal thought Whose passion still Makes the changing The unchangeable. Oh, thus thy beauty, Loveliest on earth to me, Dark with no sorrow, shines And burns, with thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment