Thursday, November 19, 2009

Lean Cuisine

I am so happy my knee pain and swelling has subsided.
It is God 's mercy.
Otherwise with the onset of the cold weather
I would have had a lot to deal with.
My younger sister and her two boys are coming for Christmas and winter vacations after several years
and I don 't want to be hindered
or mobility impaired in any way.
The temperature is ranging between the 60s - low 80s ,
that is very pleasant for us and we are using light
winter clothing.
I have entitled this post Lean Cuisine
because that 's what the plain man is being
forced to opt for due to rising prices.

Eggs have become a delicacy.
One egg costs Rs 4 and in Kanpur ( another
city its Rs 6)
Prices are likely to go up.
My Indian FB friend says its madness.


The Poultry Association says the prices of maize, polished rice oil, soybean oil-cake and vitamins
has double or even tripled that 's
why the eggs cost more.
Sugar is Rs 40 per kilo.
It seems this Christmas we 'll have to make
egg less/sugarless cake.
I make an egg less chocolate cake
which is very nice.
I use vinegar in it, but
of course sugar is needed.
My newspaper jokingly suggests
that its a good time to go on a diet.


We are struggling with our church wall building materials.
Already our bricks , cement ,
sand and gravel cost Rupees 60.000 ($1,300)
We have used up most of our church funds
that we saved up in the past several months.
The prices of building materials
is zooming upwards daily.
We are in need of another
Rs 30,000 ($650) for labour and other expenses.
This is our major concern.
We have stepped forth in faith
believing God will provide.
Please uphold our financial needs in your prayers.
Any help will be greatly appreciated,
however small.
Little becomes much when God is in it.
We are standing or walking, trusting
hoping in the promises of God.
The Lord is faithful in His promises.
Blessed are all who wait for Him
to help them.
Isaiah 30;18

No comments:

Post a Comment