Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sunday Blessings - Where could I go?

Starting from Wednesday, revival meetings were
taking place at the Seminary
I was able to go for the first two days only as I could not get transport
for the last 3 days.
This was the 60th Anniversary
of the Spiritual Life Convention
I 've been attending since childhood.
My sister and I and cousins and friends used to sing in the choir.
I have such joyful memories of this place of
Spiritual Pilgrimage.
My parents invited the key speakers for a meal each year.
The meetings were well attended.

The Altar


Power Point display


Leading worship

The English Choir singing
Where Could I Go But To The Lord?
I just had to post a video and the lyrics of that song as I love it so much.









Living below in this old sinful world Hardly a comfort can afford Striving alone to face temptations sore Where could I go but to the Lord Where could I go oh where could I go Seeking a refuge for my soul Needing a friend to save me in the end Where could I go but to the Lord Neighbors are kind, I love them everyone. We get along in sweet accord. But when my soul needs manna from above,Where could I go but to the lord Where could I go oh where could I go Seeking a refuge for my soul Needing a friend to save me in the end Where could I go but to the Lord Life here is grand with friends I love so dear Comfort I get from God's own Word Yet when I face the chilling hand of death Where could I go but to the Lord Where could I go oh where could I go Seeking a refuge for my soul Needing a friend to save me in the end Where could I go but to the Lord
______________

Together with soul food
There was body food too at the missions stall.
Delicious Momos (Tibetan dumplings)
I bought some home.
From the book stall I bought the biographies
of Martin Luther
and
Saint Augustine.
Stories of such heroes of faith
give me great encouragement
and counsel.

No comments:

Post a Comment