Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Weekend

Last weekend I went to a prayer meeting at the Bible College.
It was the culmination of 3 days of fasting and prayer
before the launching of a new project.
Believers from all main denominations got together for prayer.
There was preaching of the Word, worship
and prayer.

The meeting lasted two and a half hours longer than expected.
Sitting on the hard un-padded bench I felt sorry for these
mothers with infants.

This little girl right next to me fell asleep on her mom 's knee.
And when she got hungry, mom covered herself with her sari and nursed her! The kids were so quiet and patient. it seemed older people
like me were wriggling in their seats.
_________________________

Last week there was a wedding in our neighbourhood.
These are people from a lower economic group and having no place
to hold their reception they had it across the street on the pavement.
I took a photo of the dinner buffet
outside my gate.
Could have gate-crashed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment