Thursday, May 20, 2010

Women's Studies Update

This is a quick one. I am not going to list the exact pages or books here - I will do that in the future.

I have been glancing at the Text-Books for women's studies courses. One re-occurring item is the thought that "white heterosexual males" have privileges in our society.

I am seeing this again and again in the text books. They basically claim that white heterosexual males somehow have entitlements that allow them to become things like doctors, accountants, lawyers, engineers, etc...

People without these entitlements are of course, less likely to get prestigious careers.

I would say that not only is this incorrect, but hate-speech. It is racist, sexist and heterophobic. As a white heterosexual male, I can tell you that I have experienced no special privileges. The only thing that has molded me into the responsible person I am today is my upbringing and enthusiasm for computers.

Suggesting that white heterosexual males are somehow privileged is obscene. It inspires hatred in others who do not succeed. That is, when people hear this, instead of trying harder to succeed in their field, they will simply blame their gender, race, or sexual orientation for their failures.

Utter nonsense so far.

Stay tuned - My highlighting pen is seriously running out of ink, as almost everything I am reading is either false information or just inflammatory hate speech.

No comments:

Post a Comment