Monday, March 29, 2010

Cooling Off

Today I started my small air convector room coolerIt a relief in the afternoon heat.
I am not running the cooler in the evenings though
to try get used to the heat
and it gets in the way also.
We will fix the window desert water cooler
later on which is more powerful.
Can 't imagine we were shivering in the cold just two and a half months ago.
Today we' ve had intermitent power cuts apart from the routine 3 hours.
The electricity dept. is sending us a veiled SMS -
Be prepared for the heat , dust and darkness. LOL



Just before she left Namrita, my sister got
henna (tattoos) on her hands.
It is a rare thing in the state where she lives,
so it was a special thing to 'take ' back from home.
This is real henna paste.
Its leaves a red / orange mark.
Many women dye their hair with henna.
It is a very good hair conditioner when mixed with
egg white and lemon juice.
You can add methi (fenugreek) paste to it .
I have also used it many times.
Henna has an over all cooling effect on the skin.
Its good for the summer.



Henna tattoos fade after a few days but
there is an engraving that can never fade away.
The names of God 's children
engraved on His hands.

15 "Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you!
16 See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands;

Isaiah 49 (Old Testament)
What an awesome reality!
My name
is tattooed on God' s palm.
Its OK if the Queen,
Bill Gates or
Barak Obama doesn 't know who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment