Saturday, April 10, 2010

In House-Street Food

Made some popular street food at home.This this sweet chutney made with
sour tamrind pulp, jaggery or gur ( kind of brown sugar)
grated ginger root ,I used candied ginger,
salt and little cayenne pepper. You can add dry fruit if
you want. All the ingredients are cooked
together till thickened.

This is matar ki chaat-
savoury dried peas.
The peas are soaked overnight and boiled
till soft. Then you can add chaat masalas and garnish it with
fresh chopped coriander and mint leaves.

These are aloo tikkis or potato patties
sizzling on the griddle.

Tonight I made pizzas from scratch.
I made my own pizza dough and topping
which was made from garden fresh cherry tomatoes.
green peppers, onion, garlic and grated cheese.
Eating outside is getting dearer,so
I prefer to make these dishes at home.
------------------

Food is an important part of a balanced diet. ~Fran Lebowitz

No comments:

Post a Comment