Thursday, August 27, 2009

Finding Friends

Having a Face Book Account has its pros and cons.
But I am glad I got one,
because I am connecting with my long , out-of -touch friends.
One girl I knew 25 years ago.
I stole some of their photos and put them here
for all to see.
Below are saints from an mission fellowship
my family and I are a part of.
Its called Union of Evangelical Students of India,(UESI)
very similar to Inter Varsity Fellowship. Above - Parrot akka (sister) and Sahayam anna(brother).
Parrot akka taught in a women 's Bible School.
She was our mentor and conference speaker.
She served on the OM ship for a term, got married.
Both of them were on the staff of the UESI
for several years.
They have 2 college going children.

They are excellent counsellors
specially in the area of marriage.
For some years they were missionaries
in the Fiji Islands and now they are serving in Guyana (S. America)

Akka had beautiful long hair,
which reached down to her ankles.
******************
Below are Dr's Emmanuel and their fellowship group
in South India.
Brother is the head of a department in a College of Engineering
Dr Marjorie (his wife) works in a Leprosy hospital
started by the famous Dr Paul Brand.
They have 2 lovely daughters and 2 sweet grand kids.
Akka and Anna were based in my home town for several years.
They started their married life here.
They were the pillars of our fellowship.
Investing their home, resources and energy
for the kingdom.
They were like glue which cemented us together.
The more I talk about them is less.
Here in their home in South India
they are having a fellowship Birthday Feast.
Every one who had a birthday in August
got together with friends to celebrate.
(akka is serving the food)


(above Dr E and Dr M in front of the bookcase)
They had dinner and prayer

and worship.
Daughter Jerusha, an engineering student,
is playing the piano
Above are Sav and Den (short form of names) , a young couple
with their kids.
They were students in my hometown.
Now they are serving impoverished
and sick people in a neighbouring state.
Once Sonia and I were returning from a village wedding
about 50 miles from Alld.
We ran into Den. who was surprised to
see us in the middle of the village in
the blistering May heat.
He was there on a mission to sink a well
for peasants who were facing
shortage of water.
I am proud and blessed
to be a part of the family of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment