Sunday, August 2, 2009

Sunday Blessings; This is the Day

Yesterday (August 1st) was my birthday.
The Lord gave me a peaceful and quiet day
with my mother.
I got several phone calls from my sisters
and family.
In the evening my Pastor, his wife and daughter came
to pray and had dessert with us.
I want to thank all
my blog friends for their greetings.
My new blog friend eha
gave me this sweet gift.
Thank you dear sister.EHA 's BLOG full
of gentle , thought provoking posts
like whispers touching the soul.
Please visit my new Indonesian friend


On Friday I went to a Home Bible Study


They live in a place called Kaali Pal-tan
which literally means The Black Platoon.
During the British Raaj this was a part
of the army barracks.
The Brits called Indians "black"
and therefore the nomenclature.
In the house above you can see swamp coolers in the windows.

The descendants of the soldiers live in this settlement
on the banks of the River Ganga.
The river is just down the road.
A cow shed on the way.
As a woman I feel very self conscious taking photos
in public
but I manage some here and there


We had a time of singing
and Pastor lead a Bible study on
Matthew 17


(L-R) Gudiya (the house owner 's wife, Pastor 's wife and Pastor

(L-R) Sunil and Rajendra (house owner)

((L-R) Chandi -Rajendra 's daughter,
Milka -Pastor 's daughter and
Mataji -Rajendra 's mother
The little girls sat through the
meeting very quietly.


Mataji (term of respect for mother)
is in her 80s.
I took a short video of the meeting.





I can truly say with the Psalmist David
*My cup overflows with blessings" Psalm 23;5 (NLT)
Let me quote a passage from Max Lucado 's book Travelling Light.
"Is an overflowing cup full?.
Absolutely. The wine reaches the rim and tumbles over
the edge.The goblet is not large enough to contain the quantity.
According to David our hearts are not large enough to contain the blessings that God wants to give.He pours and pours until they
literally flow over the edge and down on the table.
You will like the paragraph penned a century ago
by F B Meyer
Whatever the blessing is in our cup,
it is sure to run over.
With Him the calf is always the fatted calf,
the robe is always the best robe,
the joy is unspeakable,
the peace passeth understanding...
There is no grudging in God 's benevolence
He does not measure out goodness as an
apothecary counts his drops and
measures his drams slowly
and exactly drop by drop.
God 's way is always characterized by
multitudinous and overflowing bounty."

No comments:

Post a Comment