Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Another bridge to nowhere



Locally it's not called the bridge to nowhere for nothing. A million dollar boondoggle that never served any real purpose except to create some temporary profits for a few.

It now has an official name to call it,  complete with a a sign after almost a year since the county approved the bridge as a memorial to someone who died in an undeclared war for the declining American empire and profiteers who never knew him or cared.

There aren't enough 'bridges to nowhere' in the entire country to dedicate with the names and memories of the pawns of war from the last eight years. Over 5,000 officially have died in conflict while an untold number are gone from this life, some by their own hand, as a result of the lingering effects of the perpetual missions of death and deceptions that they have been forced to endure. The term 'volunteer military' is a misnomer. Few knowingly volunteer to kill and be killed for lies. For many the lies are truth, death equals life and in a convoluted way ... war is peace.

The irony of this particular dedication is not lost on some of us. A bridge to nowhere is an appropriate symbol for the wars to nowhere.

Some folks will not not approve of my view that the our sons and daughters  have died, are dying in vain for the profits and power of a few but I feel I must keep saying it.

I'll end by repeating  the words of Les Visible. They seem fitting .....
There is no personal gain for me in speaking out; quite the contrary. Why would I or any of the few of the rest of us who do, do so? There must be a reason and I can only think that it is associated with conscience and as reaction against unnecessary injustices perpetrated upon our fellows. Just because it isn’t happening to me does not mean I should ignore it.

Should I not say anything about this?

What if no one was saying anything about this?

No comments:

Post a Comment