Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Cold Comfort

Good news first.
Yesterday I got blood work
done on my Mom and myself and
the results came out safe.
Nothing to worry about
Now I will take the reports to my family doc
Just have to get my blood pressure checked.
No ,No my Doc doesn 't look like that.
Its just that I don 't want to end up like that-
Although Sheeba would be pleased, I am joining her
ranks.
So prevention is better than cure

Not so good news.

My cold 's got to my beak.
When I have a cold

I want to camp out in

But

So I brewed tea with
regular tea leaves
black basil (tulsi)
ginger
a few peppercorns
and sweet jaggery we call gur
(its made with sugarcane juice and its
a better option if one wants to avoid sugar)
and added milk to it.

I made moong dal with tomato, seasoned
with onion,garlic curry leaves, fresh coriander and Maggi seasoning. When I have a cold I like
moong dal (lentil)
and other comfort food like
boiled potato
Maggi noodles
cheese or egg sandwich
and chicken soup.
I made some tomato/spinach soup
(fresh from the garden)
and popped in chicken seasoning.
I guess it will take a few days to recover.
The medicines make me drowsy.
What 's your cold comfort?

No comments:

Post a Comment