Friday, March 20, 2009

Why Don 't I Get What I Pray For?


This is the title of a book my oldest (historically speaking)
blogfriend John W Cowart sent me in Feb. 2007.
His was the very first blog I found, when I
thought blogs were snacks Martians ate.
John is a distinguished author, historian, storyteller, speaker. and collector of artifacts and antiques and much more. In his profile he describes himself as a Christian of sorts .
But you have to read his blog to find out that
John and his lovely wife Ginny are wonderful people.
Very involved in their community and engaging in acts of charity
in their neighbourhood.
John encouraged me to start blogging and
he introduced me to his blog friends too.
Do visit his website

and blog Rabid Fun
This cartoon cracks me up and
the second one I have stolen from John 's blog.

John has dedicated the above book to his
his loving wife Ginny with the following words,
"I prayed twenty-five years ago to get over loving you.
I am so glad that God did not answer my prayer".
I highly recommend this book to you friends.
This is a question I have struggled with many times.
Specially why didn 't God heal me when I prayed so hard and so long.
I lost my job because of my physical limitations
and I am unable to join the normal work force and have a active social life. When I saw people getting healed at the wave of TV evangelist 's hands I felt angry at God. But I have received my answers.
God has sequestered me for a purpose
and His grace is sufficient for me.
What are some of your prayers God did not answer?
Think about them my friends, and
seek God 's answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment