Saturday, September 26, 2009

A Happy and Holy Birthday Celebration

On Sept 24th I was invited to little boy Yash 's
birthday party who turned 5 years that day.
His parents are distantly related to us and used to attend our church services.
Now they go the Full Gospel Church.
(The embroidery on the place mat was done by my sister Anjali
when she was in school)
The party was held at Yash 's grandparent 's home on the outskirts of the city.
My cousins gave me a lift in their car.
But the journey was very tiring and arduous
because we got caught in a traffic jam and lost our way quite near to the venue.
It took 1 & 1/2 hours to get to a place 1/2 an hour away
and that too when temp. was in the 90s with high humidity.

They had the party on the terrace.
My pictures are not very good due to poor
light and my camera cells were about to give up.
So most of them are in silhouettes.
That area was having a power cut but they had
a generator.
Before the birthday festivities,
Pastor Daniel of the Full Gospel Church
led in a time of worship and devotions
together with his team.
Pastor Daniel 's wife, Ida is South American.
She could not come as she is expecting their second child
(a boy) in 2 weeks time.
Pastor Daniel gave a 30 minute sermon,
rousing and fiery -
the Full Gospel way!
(most of us were not prepared
for the revival meeting before the party)
Food for the soul first -
then food for the body -
said Pastor Daniel.
Praying for Yash.
This little fellow is an animal lover.
He prays for us every night
his parents tell us.
He looks so sweet here.

He had a chocolate teddy bear cake.
His parents are with him.
My niece Nishu.
This photo does not do her justice,
she is very pretty.
The food was very nice.
There was pilaf, chicken, fried fish
kebabs and lots of other dishes.
My camera batteries failed and
I could not take any more photos.

To a boy 's birthday party one
has to wear blue.


Come let us give thanks to the Lord.
I took this video in the dark and my
camera batteries were
very low too.
Here is a part of the crowd singing.



No comments:

Post a Comment