Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sunday Blessings - Oreos


I want to share this poem as quoted by

Dr Margaret J. Rinck
in her book 'Can Christians Love Too Much? '

Like An Oreo

What is on the inside is not the same as on the outside
The outside is hard,independent,confident,

Strong to fend off the world
The inside is soft, vulnerable,easily damaged or hurt.
The outside is like chocolate-everybody loves it.
The inside is lovable but it doesn ' think so.
The outside is responsible,caring,serving,looking to
meet the needs of others.
The inside is afraid of failure,
yearning to be special,
needing to be loved.
The outside says;"I can handle it.
I don 't need anyone."
The inside is dying for affection, seeking approval.

The outside is proving I am worth something.
I am lovable.
The inside does not love me,
does not know I am worth something.
Lord please take special care of my inside first.
(Author Unknown)
I have felt a lot like this.
Have you?

No comments:

Post a Comment