Thursday, September 3, 2009

The Transporters.

First let me show you some modern cars available in India

and then I will

take you on a journey
with the Fast and the Furious

as I traversed the roads of my city today.

There is transport to suit people from
every walk of life.

Middle class people have two wheelers
and cars.
You can see many women on scooters and motorcycles.

This is an ikka or one horse cart


Mostly used in the remote rural areas

They can ply in restricted areas of the city.
I think they are good for ecology.

Man and beast making a living together.
A school bus
Now here a road hazard.
He is transporting plywood on a cycle trolley.
The sheets are too big and he can easily
cause an accident.
This is not allowed, but no one
is restraining him.
Earlier I saw two boys dragging a long piece
of metal pipe behind them on a motorcycle.

In front is an army truck with soldiers in it.


This man was selling helmets (on the hand cart)
in a wayside stall.
He looked so surprised when I took his photo
from a moving rickshaw.
This tractor trolley is transporting goods.
This one is carrying people.
Maybe they were demonstrate rs as they carried flags and banners.
They were from a rural area.
Expensive cars.

I just wanted to show you the different means of transport.
I w ant to thank all of you who commented on my last posts.
I 've been busy lately and not had time to respond personally.
I will do that tomorrow.
My sister Namrita is much better. She went to Assam
and consulted a homeopath doctor.
She has just started his medicine.
Today is my nephew Abner 's 8th birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment