Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Kuch Cook Hota Hai -Weekend Cooking

With festivities in the air
and Sonia 's 9th wedding anniversary on the 18th,
I made some special food to
regale Mummy and myself. This is beginning a Ziploc omelet.
Stir up veggies of your choice with cheese herbs etc with eggs
and pour it into a quart size Ziploc freezer bag.
Boil it for 15 minutes.

And voila!
Here your lovely oil free omelet.


These are dahi vadas.
Lentil dumplings soaked in
a yogurt sauce.


Matta Paneer which is a curry
with
peas and cottage cheese in a tomato based gravy.
Fresh green peas are too expensive
so I used the dried ones which are
soaked overnight.


And this is my very first pumpkin pie.
All my life I had been reading about this pie and
looking at its pictures and never tried baking it.
My bloggie friend PENNI sent me the spice mixture and the lovely autumn decorations you can see here and candy.
So I just had to bake my very first pumpkin pie from the scratch.
I cooked and pureed the pumpkin and baked
the pie shell.
It was fun and an anti depressant
as I was feeling low last weekend.

Thank you Penni for being my inspiration.
In the first photo you can see a B/W
photo of my parents
taken a day after their wedding.
This video I could entitle
Sheeba and the firecrackers.
Its not much of a video, just Sheeba barking at the crackers.




I took this video from YouTube it will give you an idea
of Diwali fireworks in an
affluent neighbourhood.



No comments:

Post a Comment