Saturday, October 31, 2009

Make Me A Channel of Your Peace


The spindle and desk of Gandhi in his Sabarmati
Ashram museum in Gujarat



I read a post by my blog friend SHERRI
and the prayer of St Francis came to mind.
I learnt this hymn as a child and sung
it in church and Christian meetings .
The words are the true essence of our faith
Sometimes when I receive a gift from
someone, my mother is quick to remind me
to either give it away or save it for so and so.
But I am selfish , I don 't
often do it.
When I got a bag of candy my Mom wanted
me to save it for others.
But I was too weak to do that.
It is my prayer that I
incorporate the words of this song
more fully into my life.
(the above photographs have been taken from the web)


A prayer of St Francis of Asisi
Make me a channel of your peace, Where there is hatred, let me bring Your love, Where there is injury, Your pardon Lord, And where there's doubt, true faith in You Make me a channel of your peace, Where there's despair in life let me bring hope, Where there is darkness - only light, And where there's sadness, ever joy Oh Master, grant that I may never seek, So much to be consoled as to console, To be understood, as to understand, To be loved, as to love with all my soul Make me a channel of your peace, It is in pardoning that we are pardoned, In giving to all men that we receive, And in dying that we're born to eternal life



No comments:

Post a Comment