Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Many Happy Returns of the Day Mama


Today is my mother 's birthday and we give thanks to God for her 79 years. She has walked with God all the way holding fast to His hand although she has missed my dad for these last 6 years the Lord has been her refuge and shelter.
Today we got several phone calls from India , Canada and UK. Mom 's BIL also visited to greet her in the morning.
I asked mother what she would like to eat. She wanted mattar paneer.That is cottage cheese cubes with peas in a curry sauce. It can be eaten with rice and chapatis..
For dinner I made ham sandwiches which we had with chilled Tang. Dessert was ice cream with cold coffee. Sheeba loved it too.
My sweet friend Terry created these cards and I pinched them from her BEAUTIFUL BLOG.
Thank you so much Terry.
Its been another hot and humid day. Everyone is gazing at the sky with aching eyes and sweaty brows. The heavens appear to be made of brass. All the predictions of the monsoons are mere wishful thinking.. The monsoon has weakened in the east causing it to delay.
I just want to cool off with sweet cold drinks and several showers a day. Don' t feel like eating much. And water...water...water gallons of it.
Thank you for praying for us. The Lord made us triumph over the difficult situation. The victory belongs to him.


No comments:

Post a Comment