Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Rock-a-bye Baby














Hello friends, here are some cute baby pictures sent in an email.
This entry was meant for Wed. 30th, but just as I was composing it the
lights went out and I was unable to continue. I was too tired by the time normalcy was restored. A man who had been to the power supply center (sub station) said in the heat the instruments and system gets very hot and they have to switch it off to cool it. Gotta believe them.
A Quote-
"I am done with great things and big plans, great institutions
and big success. I am for those tiny invisible loving human forces
that work from individual to individual,
creeping through the crannies of the world like so many rootlets
or like the capillary oozing of water, which, if given time,
will rend the hardest monuments of pride."

-William James


Yes friends, humour lightens the load at times and you can see diamonds in the raindrops.
All day yesterday, after our expected 3 hour power cut we had frequent interruptions. In the afternoon when I tried to rest there was a untimely phone call and visitor which gave me a throbbing headache. I took a painkiller which I normally try to avoid. I felt better after that and a strong cup of coffee.
Aunt V was supposed to be discharged from hospital yesterday but the docs extended her confinement by 2 more days.She has a potassium deficit - she 's 84 years old. No one to care of her, but us and church folk.
Please pray for my Pastor Shailendra , he has swelling in his kidneys and even after a whole battery of tests and scans the doctors don 't know what is causing it.All his tests came out clear. The doctors may hospitalize him for closer monitoring.
God teaches us such lessons. I am amazed. A few days ago a couple came to us all ornery and agitated like an angry thunder cloud ready to burst and flash.
But we handled the situation with restraint and self control and the man said ;We came here to say something else , but find things are different. Later on he asked me to pray for them. Two days later he said he felt tremendous peace since the prayer. Glory be to God.
This morning the sky is dark with heavy clouds and we 've had a light shower. Maybe there will be more rain later on.
But I hope it doesn 't rain too hard in the morning because I have to go to the district courthouse to represent my church.

No comments:

Post a Comment