Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sunday Blessing ; Life Comes Daily

Clouds dotting the sky

I draw tremendous inspiration from Joni Earekson Tada"s daily devotional More Precious Than Silver. Today after battling against the travesties of nature and the ' system ' in which i live I receive strength and hope from Deut 33 ;25


Life Is So Daily


Your strength will equal your days. -- Deuteronomy 33:25

Have you ever thought of your days as so... daily? The minute you open your eyes in the morning you can feel yourself shifting into routine. Turn off alarm. Fling back covers. Put feet in slippers. Turn on shower. Squeeze toothpaste on brush while shower heats up. Like I said: It's so daily.That's especially true for me. I wake up every morning to the exact same series of events. A friend comes into the bedroom, turns on the tap to warm the water,heads for the kitchen and pours coffee, comes back and puts the coffee straw in my mouth and begins to put my legs through their range-of-motion exercise routine.After that, it's a bath, get dressed, and be lifted into my wheelchair. Some daysI wish the routine could vary, but like you, I must accept the dailyness.My friend Shirley Locker, who is also disabled, once reminded me that our dailychallenges have rewards for those who trust God for hour-by-hour (sometimes minute-by-minute)strength. God promises, "Your strength will equal your days."No matter how deep the rut of your daily routine, satisfaction in the Lord Jesus can be deeper still. In fact, God invites us to know His satisfaction on a more profound level as we remind ourselves to go to him for grace, especially during those so-called boring hours when we feel our life is on automatic. He knows that's when we need him most.No matter how much the "same" your day appears, God's grace will make it different because his grace is fresh every morning. Lamentations 3:22-23 tells us his love and compassion are new every morning. What a relief.

What parts of your day are routine? Why not infuse them with life by inviting God to be a part of them? Memorize Scripture during your bathroom routines, and pray while you're dressing.* * * * *

Thank You, Lord, that Your strength and grace are daily -- not that they're routine,but that they're consistently available. Every day. Every hour. Every moment. Help me to draw on them today.~
Blessings,

Joni and Friendshttp://www.joniandfriends.org/ [http://r20.rs6.net/tn.jsp?et=1103388372752&s=55376&e=0017trr0vTL4BtNxDkrFqq9raYaO99Jd5tGNinOr-HKFXgBWUxrj0w_j4PHOOak90Tk2S2eFgV9-BekoBnU2yLgx3Fqt92r6YF6CqwihfgojYZtRJUnbhvvTEhxDAUpvejw]
Taken from More Precious Than Silver. Copyright © 1998 by Joni Eareckson Tada. Used by permission. Zondervan Publishing House, Grand Rapids, Michigan 49530


Lone Star



The result of the yesterday' s downpour was that we lost our power supply for 4 hours. Totalling to 7 hours. And no water too.
7 am Sunday morning - we were just about getting the grip of the day when the electricity went off . This time for 9 hours. We couldn 't pump any water too. All this was so stressful.We filled up our buckets with the govt. supply water as quickly as we could.
The church and Parsonage was without electricity and water for about 24 hours.My mom was so concerned she was asking Jags to fetch water for our Pastor from across the street, but Pastor reassured her saying they had an emergency supply. In India you have to have an emergency supply of everything. We could survive a nuclear flash LOL!
Church was very hot and humid and most part of the day it remained like this. It takes a heavy toll on the mind and body, trying to cope.
My left leg is still very painful after the fall. I am taking painkillers, they 've have not helped much and I have run out of them. .
I am leaning very heavily on the promise from Deut 33 ;25
YOUR STRENGTH WILL EQUAL YOUR DAYS

There are many topics about daily life in India and current issues facing my nation which I would like to write about .Things which pierce my heart and I would like to share so that my international friends can be aware of them and pray for my country. Tell me if you are interested. My blog is pretty eclectic. I don 't stick to one particular genre. I like it this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment