Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Summer Unlimited

We had joy,we had fun
We had seasons in the sun....
(words from a pop song I used to listen to as a teenager
forgot the rest of it)
Sheeba chasing butterflies in the sun
Unaffected by the shimmering heat.

I give her a drenching when she feels uber hot.
Cools her off for a bit.


My fruity grapefruit tree.
The fruit will ripen by December.


The bark of the tree has white spots like these.
And in some place s the bark peels off.
Jags thinks the tree is dying.
I hope not.
Its about 25 years old.
I have lost some of our citrus trees
to disease.

Can anyone tell me what
is happening to this tree?
And some solution?

I am drying mango seeds to plant in the rainy season.
Two mango trees succumbed to disease.
So I want to plant new ones.
I will also buy some saplings from the govt. nursery.

Today we did not have electricity for more than 7 hours.
Nobody gives any explanation.
The whole day is ruined
by the 110 degree heat
and stifling humidity.

And you emerge out of it
like a piece of burnt toast

Or better still-
a prehistoric mummified fossil


Dug up from near the pyramids .
(Feels good to romanticise it.)




At best one can pretend
one is enjoying the benefits of a sauna

in an luxurious spa.
You can' t get more positive than that.
-------------
Let me tell you friends
that today I am much better.
I was able to visit Aunt V in hospital too.
And I have decided to leave
Sheeba 's leftovers
for Naughty at the
edge of my pavement,
so that I don' t have to walk
on the pebbles.

No comments:

Post a Comment