Saturday, June 26, 2010

Promise Keepers

They rolled in over the heavens like a maurading pack of dark horses
Our first black dangerous looking monsoon clouds
I thought they would not keep their promise
So I planned to go out
But I was stopped by a heavy down pour.
The dry earth drank to its fullest
And the plants performed a wind ballet.
Thank you for keeping your promise.
How wonderful is our God who sent us rain in due time.



But just as it started to rain our power went off and we got it after 4 hours. So the whole evening was a dud. Ha-ha!

Every night I give Sheeba 's left over food to the neighbour 's (wild) dog. Tonight as I stepped out in the dark I tripped over some pebbles and had a bad fall. I could not get up on my own. I called Jags (church helper) for help and he asisted me to get uo. My darling Sheeba tried to help by licking my face and wagging her tail and when Naughty (the wild dog) came near me, she chased him away ferociously.
I was in a lot of pain but I down played it as I did not want to alarm Mama. Having her upset would be worse. I took a pain killer so I am better now. At least the temps come down a bit.

There is no such thing as bad weather,only different kinds of good weather. -John Ruskin

No comments:

Post a Comment