Monday, October 25, 2010

I know where I am going

Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight Proverbs 3 ; 5,6

God has been good to us. We had to make some tough administrative decisions regarding our church ministry. God gave wisdom, courage and determination for that.


If I had a choice I 'd be a follower rather than a leader, but if God has given me a responsibility I will fulfill it to the best of my ability.
My friends thank you for your prayers and kind thoughts.

I have not been too well, I have a cold and sore throat, but I am managing with pills.
(Update on Tues AM - Not feeling well at all)

I will have visitors through the week.


Many of my friends have come to the city to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the Christian Agricultural and Technical University. Two brothers who were very close to our family visited this evening . Mom and I were so happy to meet Alan and Tigi
We talked of about old times and missed those who were not present. They chatted with my sister Namrita on the phone. We have so many happy memories. Time when I was relatively carefree and healthy.

We praise God, He has been good to us and both these brothers are doing very well at their jobs and also sharing God 's love in practical ways.


Life real and sculpted.
The next two photos were taken with my mobile phone on an impromptu encounter with an ikka -horse cart in the market place. ( I don 't carry my digital camera with me at all times)


Ikka means one -a one horse cart. They can only move on a few roads in the city.






The horse looks well cared for.

The next three photos are from a photoblog. This is a life like sculpture of a tonga
somewhere in Delhi.
Here is the tonga wala and a lady passenger. The girl looks a bit lost, but the driver appears very confident. "I know where I am going ," he is saying, that 's why I gave that title to my post.



Its a very dramatic and expressive work of art.
One wonders what kind of conversation is going on between the driver and passenger.



Even the horse wants to put in a word edgeways.


My dear friend Holly took a blog break and is back to sharing her vintage creations again. She shares very attractive graphics which you can download for free. This cute image is from Holly. She also creates beautiful jewellery which you can order from her Etsy shop. Holly has gifted me with her pretty creations and lovely surprises and also my doggie bayti Sheeba.(Bayti is Hindi for daughter) Pay Holly a visit HERE

I also want to introduce you to Doris 's excellent blog. Its a boon for care givers . Her gentle heart warming posts encourage me so much. I am learning a lot from the way she deals with residents in a nursing home. Drop by and visit Doris HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment