Wednesday, June 3, 2009

My interview with Fashion & DopeBombers

I had the pleasure of being interviewed by the good folks at Fashion & DopeBombers.Peace & Respect Fam

PeaceDenimCo. Interview •June 2, 2009 • No Comments
A very dope interview, with a very good person… Que from Peacedenimco.

“Peace King,
Here are the response from the interview,stay Linked”
“Do not speak to fools,they scorn the wisdom of your words.”

#1. What’s your story, behind you and your clothing brand.

Peace I’m designer Que from PeaceDenimCo..I was born in Brooklyn,NY & raised in one of the most notorious housing projects on the east coast(AlabamaProjects in Paterson,NJ)It was in those projects I witnessed first hand”The Summer Of Crack”in 1984.It hit my projects hard and all that resulted in 2drug addicted parents. So there is always a lot of pain & reality in my work and that was the genisus of PeaceDenimCo. My brand came after nearly a decade in the game in retail(I owned the 1st urban boutique in NJ Underground Apparel)Running a retail spot for that long you get a real knowledge of what THE REAL wants to cop,so the move to fashion was only natural for me.I hate those boardroom,fake-cool dudes that fake like they know what the people want.But it wasn’t until I met artists Mosi Yamada & Megumi Kaneko that PeaceDenimCo really came to fruition.

2. What’s you outlook on the current fashion industry today?

I’ll be honest with you I’ve always had a Love/Hate relationship with the industry.I love it because I love the art, it’s my life. But I hate it at times for 3reasons: 1)Too many lame/fake/Hollwood types in the game. 2)Too many Korean/Chinese knock-off brands.
3)Too much God damn parody(Look at all that Affliction/gothic knock-off shit) The beauty of the industry now is the before mentioned fakes are dying off and there is a new breed of of designers/brands emerging. Actual dudes from the streets…it’s Brilliant!

3. What brands do you look forward to working with in the industry?Staple,WTaps,Levis,BaseCamp,Levis,Bape & anything involving Hiroshi Fujiwara.I dig the way JeffStaple goes about his business,very lo-key,humble. He’s quite Brilliant. I don’t even have to explain the Brilliance of Hiroshi Fujiwara

4. Who are the geniuses behind you fashion line?

Mosi Yamada is the glue.Megumi Kaneko is the “Straw that stirs the drink”.She’s on of the most amazing artists I’ve ever met.She’s my muse…Don’t get it confused I Put’s It Down!

5. What would you tell others trying to get into the fashion industry?

CHANGE THE GAME,DON’T ONLY CHASE DOLLARS & SAY SOMETHING!When you come into the industry ..Change it!Make it better.If you’re in this business for dollars and fame..you’ve already lost(youre just another StarFucker)on you knees trying to “Get On”And finally stand for something,don’t be a slave STAND UP!

6. What’s your outlook on the dopebombers blog?

Fam,I’m forever down for intelligent & independent thought..Rock..Rock on!

7. Where can people purchase your clothing?

The online shop is being revamped every season,Made2Order(Philly),BlackFlagShoppe(Clifton,NJ),SneakerZoo(Paterson,NJ),FortunePig(worldwide shops),of course various spot in Hokaido,Tokyo,Nagoya.”My Clan done ran from Japan to Atlanta“

8. What inspires you?

As a civilized man from the moment I wake up I’m inspired to do my duty.Which is to Shine Light.My BlingKillsCampaign inspires me more than just selling fashion because it changes lives for the better. The housing projects I grew up in inspires me because it was Hell on Earth& I survived. But as far as people german artist Lars Amhoff,American Matt Senna,Jeff staple.Kedis,Pollack,Hendrix,Morrisson.But the great love of my life is Japan. Til death do us part. My favorite place on earth is a small coffeeshop in Harajuku my man Bear runs the place.It’s where I create the concept and design every PeaceDenimCo. line. My soul sanctuary

9. What is your outlook on dope?

About 60 a key if you lucky.LOL
But Dope comes from the heart,you’re born with it. Today you see a lot of dudes Swag-Jacking because they trying to be “The Real”. It’s not for everybody(you know)It’s like the drug-game you had most dudes get in the game because “They wanna eat” meaning they wanna G-off & get the whip and the Birds. But then you got the dude that really was hungry,assed out and it was an actual means of daily life & death survival. Do you see the difference? One dude wanted shine and the other wanted to live to see tommorow.

10. Who do you think is gonna go all the way, this year in this NBA Finals?

I’m a diehard NYKnicks fan…so…you..know.But I thought it was Bron-Bron’s year
but Kobe & the Lake Show got this. Bron-Bron we’ll love you in NY!!!!!!

11. Any last words to those out there reading this?

I serve at the pleasure of the people of Japan,I’m a civilized man that’s here to “Shine Light” in the dark. PeaceDenimCo. will always be public servants. Whether it’s our BlingKills Campaign(spreading truth about BloodDiamonds), Aids awareness, Pediatric Aids, Global disaster relief, relief for refugees in SriLanka we will be there,in the forefront to “ShineLight”& raise money for the cause.Some brands do charity or try ton connect themselves with a charity because it’s trendy to give and they’re looking for press. PeaceDenimCo’s existence is to leave the world better that we found it. Yeah we gonna give you those “Bangers” every season and give you dope Brilliance. But we have a Right & Exact duty as civilized people. Peace

mikeybobmers wish you undefinedFortune friends.

peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment