Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Thirst Quencher

While shopping with Sonia in an old part of town
we had fresh sugarcane juice to quench our thirst.
I had it for the very first time in my life from a roadside seller.
It was deliciously refreshing.
He served us the juice in glasses and being doubtful of
how clean they were
so I poured it down my throat
causing it to dribble down my chin.
The man gave me another half glass free because
I lost some of the drink.
These pictures are from the web.


BENEFITS OF SUGAR CANE JUICE
Fresh raw sugar cane has less calories than refined sugar or syrup
It is pretty good for digestion and can also work as a mild laxative due to its high potassium content.
It is also high in magnesium, calcium and riboflavin (Vitamin B2).
Traditionally, drinking sugar cane juice is good to ‘cool’ down the body especially during hot, humid weather like what we have here.
Best of all is that the fresh sugar cane juice is sweet to drink but it is not as bad / unhealthy as drinking syrup!
*************
"Whoever is thirsty,let him come
and whoever wishes let him take
the free gift of the
water of life"
Revelation 22:17 (Bible)
********

No comments:

Post a Comment