Thursday, June 11, 2009

Rapped on the Fingers

I was rapped on the fingers by God last Sunday and I want to share
this"blessing" with you.
Our Pastor is away on vacation for 3 Sundays
and he told us that had arranged
Mr SJ to come and take our services.
I turned up my pseudo-intellectual nose
at the mention of that name.
Because in my estimate Mr SJ was a
poorly educated non sophisticated preacher
ministering to semi-literate and
dalit people.
I wondered what would he have to say to highly evolved
mind and spirit like mine.
So I trudged to church under spiritual duress
just to make a good impression on God and people.
But the Master put me into place (in a corner).
Mr SJ preached a simple but good message.
The music was lively.
And he asked us to write our
prayers requests and give them to him next
Sunday so he can have a
prayer group in Korea to pray for us
and contact us by phone too.
I was further put to shame for my
bad attitude when dear Mr SJ
gifted me George Verwer 's book Someone had given it to him and since
he doesn 't read English books, he passed it to me.

I started reading this book and have not been

able to put it down. The message is really

challenging and reviving me.

George Verwer is Founder and former International Director

of OM or Operation Mobilization which is a ministry of

evangelism,discipleship, training and church planting.

The book narrates and assesses how, in spite of the amazing mixture of victory and defeat, success and failure, joy and pain, peace and battles, happiness and brokenness, lives that are committed to Jesus can move forward.The content of the book reveals George Verwers knowledge of 50 years ministry.This is an exposition of the most revolutionary message of God in the latter half of 20th century and the present days.It motivates us to embrace the pain and hurt and allows them to make us better people for his glory

ACCEPT YOUR BROKENNESS AND

EXPERIENCE THE TOUCH OF GOD

says the back cover.

Verwer says

- Our choice to walk with the Lord and to serve Him

will bring us good as well a unpleasant experiences.

- God answers prayers,but not all prayers will be answered

the way we want them.

- Victory is our privilege,but not all seeming defeats

can be erased from our history.

- Obstacles are sure to come into our lives, yet His

all sufficiency will help us

overcome them all.

**********

The good news is that you can go to his website

and download this book free.

You can email George

george@verwer.om.org

and request free copies of a bunch of books

and he will send them to you anywhere in the world

and maybe in your own language too.

I wrote to him and he has directed his co-worker to send

me some of books.

I strongly recommend this for you.
God blessed me miraculously and I want

share this with you.

FLY BOY FLY
This is my nephew Ash
getting ready for skydiving

Hi Ash, you just became
our family hero.
First one in the clan
to jump off a plane!

No comments:

Post a Comment