Thursday, April 2, 2009

Blackdog Millionaire

If the recession has you running for cover
and the planets spell doom - Indian astrologers have the perfect remedy for you - a black dog.
This advice has so many takers that pet shops
have a shortage of black pups, in fact stray black pooches are being snapped up off the streets my newspaper tells me.(Good thing)
A black Lab pup which normally sells for Rs 8000 to 10,000 in Delhi
is now fetching 15,000.
A car cleaner in East Delhi says,
*My jyotshi (astrologer) told me I should feed a black dog for luck,
happiness and money on Tuesdays,Saturdays and Sundays".
An astrologer who does not want to be named says,"A dog prays for his master".
Now don 't get me wrong , I am not an adherent of astrology
or any of its branches.
I am a firm believer in the providence of the Lord God and that He holds
my life and future, in fact the whole world in His hands.But I can 't help thinking if it were about 20 years ago, we would
have made a fast buck because we owned black dogs then.
Our black Lab , Jackie.
(above with Namrita and me)
and German Shepherd Lassie - posing with
BIL Prem sitting on Papa 's old Vespa.

Here is Lassie with Namrita
(L-R )
Shalu (Simran 's Mom), my Mother knitted the sweater she is wearing, Anju, Mildred (our friend) Sonia
2nd row - Namrita, Aunt Marjorie with pup Jackie,myself
and Aunt Sybil.

Lassie with Mom and Dad.
Again mom knitted the pull-over Papa is wearing
My white as snow quadruped, Sheeba keeping vigil at the back door.
She takes up that post every morning while I am blogging or doing the laundry and other house work.
Sigh... this business opportunity is 20 years too late.
We could have wedded Lassie and Jackie and minted
a fortune - our Blackdog Millionaire has gone to the dust.
___________________
The Bible 's advice for the recession
Psalm 34:10 says
Because I seek the Lord, I shall not lack any beneficial thing.
And Psalm 23:1
The Lord is my Shepherd
I shall not want.

No comments:

Post a Comment