Friday, April 17, 2009

Weeds

I got this reminder from Olde Dame Penni today.
People think of weeds as "no good," as ssomething bad, as something not to be thankful for, as useless. But God has such a different view. We would have no butterflies if not for weeds. We would have no bees, no crops, not much of anything. Thank you for the weeds!

Weeds in my garden and life irritate me so much. But they are essential for me. Weeds keep me at the grassroots level ,as we say in India - and pulling them out keeps me humble.

Thank you for buoying me up with your prayers , encouraging words and emails. Mom is so much better. I am focusing on her needs rather than satisfying my "mother hen instincts". The lessons I have learnt through this are

a)" God has not given us a spirit of fear,but of power,love and of a sound mind" 2 Timothy 1:7 (New Testament)

b)" in everything give thanks for this is God 's will for you in Christ Jesus" 1 Thessalonians 5;18 (New Testament)

God sky-writes His messages on the horizon of our lives through life circumstances.

The 2 above lessons put on flesh and blood in the lives of the Ten Booms, a Dutch family who sheltered Jews during Hitler 's Holocaust and paid dearly for it when they were discovered by the Gestapo. Read this true story in the book "The Hiding Place" Read it out to your children. Watch the movie together.









No comments:

Post a Comment