Thursday, April 30, 2009

Summer Poems

In the scorching 110* (44*) heat
our flowers are struggling
to survive.

Last evening I gave them
a spray wash
and wrote a few lines which came to mind.


My innocent flowers
fade like fragile paper
in the summer furnace
They bravely keep their
delicate hues
Drinking in leftover
freshness from the air
You and I both wait for the sun to
make its journey
southwards
When we shall get our colors back.


These flowers are called ever-spring
or sada-bahaar in Hindi.
They bloom all year round and in various colors too.


My amaryllis is droopy
My niece Mahima a sprightly, energetic and super-achiever 16 year old
she wrote this poem for her English class The Summer Love will Keep us Warm
by Mahima Premkumar

The times of the best season
is undoubtedly summer without a reason!
The flowers bloom.
The bees and birds zoom,
past the clear blue sky.
It brings me bliss and happiness, I mustn’t lie.
The golden rays bathes my skin
and my heart is content within.
laying on the lush, green grass
I never want summer to pass.
You’ll never procrastinate and want to lament,
as there is never a dull moment.
soak up the sun,
live every moment to the fullest and have some fun.
But remember,
“The tans will fade, but the memories will last forever.”- Unknown
___________________

Here is Mimz enjoying the onset of summer
________
Its close to 5pm and the computer is showing the temp.
at 113* (45*C)
actually its more than that.
Phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment