Friday, May 29, 2009

Park-ing

The sky was overcast this morning
bringing the temperature down to the
mid 90s with a cool breeze.
So we set off to a children 's park after finishing
house chores
This park is known by many names
Japanese Park
Haathi or Elephant Park
Children 's Park
its latest nomenclature is after a religious icon

A kiosk selling drinks and snacks.

This little guy was minding the ice cream cart
while his grandpa rested on a bench

A slide in the shape of an elephant

Abner zipping down

Abner playing with the kids of
a Muslim family.
I imagined the father works in a middle east
country and was home on a family visit.
Taking advantage of good weather he brought his burqa clad wife and 8 children for an outing.
On another slide


Some kids with their dog
Abner on top of a play sculpture

Because of the heat there were hardly any flowers
But lots of greenery


Caught human love-birds
away from the madding crowd.
As we were leaving something really funny happened.
I was taking all these photos
and someone must have observed this.
A boy approached me assuming
I was a professional photographer
and requested me to take their photos.
I very politely told him I
could not do this
as I am an amateur.

When we returned home after 2 hours
in a relaxed atmosphere
my peace was shattered
to see my mother very upset and gloomy.
Some boys had jumped into our campus and ignited a fire
in a wooded area on the far side of the church.
The fire was in control. Our church handy man
had done the job.
But my mom was not convinced.
She was was also having an upset tummy.
Anxiety sets it off.
Because of mother 's health
I walk on egg-shells
a knife blade and pins and needles at times.
I get tied up in knots, its hard to explain.
Sonia is a great support. She will stay another week.
Later on when the church worker came and
told mother that all was well
she relaxed and had some food.
Anyway I am glad
for the pleasant morning
we had at the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment