Sunday, May 17, 2009

Sunday Blessings - We ' re Back Home

Praise God we returned home on Saturday evening.
Mother Hazel 's laparoscopy was successful.
On the 13th they ran several tests and the surgery took
place on 14th evening.
Several people came to pray and
to encourage us.
My Pastor, his wife and Sonia
were a great help. Mama has to get her strength and appetite back.
She has to have her sutures removed after 5 days.
The Catholic Hospital we went to is moderately
priced and offers excellent services.


Our room

My bed. I had to take my own sheet, pillow and blanket.
We also have to arrange our own food.

The young smart Catholic nurses
in this hospital are very efficient, dedicated
and well trained.
My Aunt Rita was admitted in a room down this corridor.
She had open surgery for gall stones.
One large stone was gorged in a duct which gave her jaundice.
She was very weak and ill. They inserted a tube to keep
the stone in place.
A day before her scheduled surgery she got high fever.
In the afternoon she was alone in her room
and a nurse, who knew we are related,
came to me and requested me to apply
a cold compress on my aunt 's forehead.
I did that for sometime till her fever came down and
her husband returned. My Pastor went
to pray for her several times.
She had her surgery and Uncle
showed me the large stones they removed.
I 've got Mama 's stones too.
They are about 6, like necklace beads.
Thank you so much for your
prayers and good wishes.
Everyday I read God 's promises from the Bible
and prayed with mother.
He is true to His Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment