Wednesday, July 14, 2010

As Good as It Gets

Today we had our real monsoon showers.



We had from light to moderate rain throughout the day.


Temperature came down and the humidity too.

At 3 in the afternoon the sky was black with clouds

and with a cool breeze blowing

Sheeba and I sat out on the porch

enjoying the moment.


It good to see nature washed and clean.



My mom is already worried about floods.

Actually there is flooding in North Western India,

New Delhi has taken a lashing too.

But Eastern U.P. where w e live is

so drought stricken, I don 't think

there are chances of flooding here.

Water logging, - plenty of it in the cities though.


Well, besides all this it was a
BLUE/BLACK Day for us
Blue for the rain
and black for the power outages.
Yesterday too we had incessant power cuts
all day and through the night.
Today it was worse.
We 've hardly had a decent supply.
Composing this post has taken me a long time.
A man who had been to the electricity sub-station
told us there is something wrong
with a transformer.
Well, its taking them 2 days and a night to fix it.
Stamp...stamp...stamp!
The water supply came when there was no
power, so I could not fill the
overhead tank properly.

But I choose electricity over water.
What about you?
Oh well, in the West people don' t
have to worry about this option,
at least not on a daily basis.
I think it would be better
living in the middle of the
Amazon forest
rather than this contrete jungle.
When the lights went out again at 9pm
Sheeba and I sat out in the garden
trying to enjoy the wedding fireworks
all around us.
Folks tonight is an auspicious wedding night
so scores of weddings are taking place around us
in the post hotels and weddings halls
in our neighbourhood.
But Sheeba doesn 't like the idea of wedding fireworks.
She takes umbrage at people throwing
fire at the sky accompanied by
loud bangs and music.
She lodges her complaints with powerful barks.
I tell her ;Sheeba beta, let
others enjoy getting married
while we are collecting our tears in a bottle
in the dark.
To amuse myself I took
some photos of the fireworks
with my mobile phone.
Haven' t uploaded them yet. I want to finish this post and
R.I.P.
read
Rest in Peace
or
Return If Possible.
So glad there won' t be any shortage
of light and water in heaven.
The river of life flows there
and
the Lamb (Christ)
is the Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment