Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Standing Firm and Letting Go

Today a Valley of Elah like situation surfaced.
Firstly our electricity supply connected to the main power line
came loose and started giving us endless trouble.
I rushed to the power distribution center
and put in my complaint.
The people there were very good to me.
They usually don 't see lady customers
coming in with complaints
because this is supposed to be a man 's job in my country.
The line men came around 3pm and hooked
our supply cable.
I gave them a small
cash gift to show my gratitude.
Secondly , Jagarnath who is our church handy man and does
odd jobs for the church swooped down
on us demanding a salary raise,
threatening to leave.
We are paying him well,
apart from giving him free housing, water and electricity.
He is allowed to pick vegetables and fruit
from the garden for his daily use.
The Pastor 's wife and I frequently give him
food,medicines,clothes and household things.
So it was very unfair of him to try to
exact a pay hike in a bullying, blackmailing kind of way
laced with falsehood.
It almost seemed that Big Foot was about to crush the Lord 's army.
I told my mother to take heart and not despair
as the Lord is on our side
and He would reveal the truth to us.
"Our struggle is not against flesh and blood,but against the rulers,against the authorities,against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil
in the heavenly realms."
Ephesians 6;12
In a miraculous way the Lord led my mother to make
some enquires which gave us helpful information.
In the meanwhile
we kept holding on to the Lord 's assurances
"Therefore take up the full armour of God, that you may be able to
resist in the evil day,
and having done everything to
stand firm."
Ephesians 6;13
(or hang firm)
We made some unyielding decisions
with our Pastor
which led J to see his folly
and concentrate on the advantages he has in working
for us.
It was quite an exhausting exercise
but the sun broke through the clouds.
Jagarnath does not know the Lord
although he recognizes the power of Jesus.
We are praying that he may come to
fully accept the knowledge of the truth.
(this is our winter rose)
"Praise be to the name of God
for ever and ever,wisdom and power
are His...He gives wisdom to the wise
and knowledge to the discerning.
He reveals deep and hidden things"
Daniel 2;20-22 (NIV)

I am reading Charles Swindoll 's book
"The Grace Awakening"
in which I found this
poem which he has quoted.
***************
To Let Go Takes Love
To "let go" does not mean to stop caring; it means I can't do it for someone else.To "let go" is not to cut myself off; it is the realization that I can't control another.To "let go" is not to enable, but to allow learning from natural consequences.To "let go" is to admit powerlessness, which means the outcome is not in my hands.To "let go" is not to try to change or blame another; it is to make the most of myself.To "let go" is not to care for, but to care about.To "let go" is not to "fix", but to be supportive.To "let go" is not to judge, but to allow another to be a human being.To "let go" is not to be in the middle arranging all the outcomes, but to allow others to affect their own destinies.To "let go" is not to be protective; it is to permit another to face reality.To "let go" is not to deny, but to accept.To "let go" is not to nag, scold, or argue, but instead to search out my own shortcomings and to correct them.To "let go" is not to adjust everything to my desires, but to take each day as it comes, and to cherish myself in it.To "let go" is not to criticize and regulate anybody, but to try to become what I dream I can be.To "let go" is not to regret the past, but to grow and to live for the future.To "let go" is to fear less and to love more.

No comments:

Post a Comment