Monday, September 13, 2010

I once overheard a woman say she was going to FALSELY accuse ME of sexual harassment...

Back in 2000 in fact.

Here is what led up to the event. I am an engineer. The company I work for yearly shows its products in a exhibition hosted in Las Vegas. It was about one month before the "big show" as everybody puts it.

My boss held a special meeting.

"As you all know, the show is in less than a month. I do not want anybody making any changes to any of the products. Doing so will just slow things down, and we need everything working in tip-top shape for the big show."

"If ANYBODY asks you to make a change - DO NOT DO IT. Come to me, and tell me immediately. There will be no product changes from this point on. Let me know if somebody asks you to make a product change, I will deal with it."


I was involved in three projects. One of them - my coworker was a woman named "N". I had finalized the build for the project I was working on with "N". I went to her cube to tell her about my final build.

"Oh, you need to change a bunch of stuff - that build you just did is not valid. A bunch of stuff has changed since then. You'll have to re-build it".

I was upset, "Who ordered that change?"

"Look, its no big deal, if you cannot handle it - I'll do it", she said.

"I can handle it, but the boss said there were to be no more changes - I need to inform him about who requested these changes and tell him - just like he ordered" I said.

She was angry now, "Why don't you just let me do it, since this is obviously way too much for you to handle!". She was yelling.

I left her cube. I started to think that maybe SHE was the one that made all the changes to the product - or at least, was covering up for who did, since she never told me who made or requested the changes.

She came by my cube a few moments later, "I am sorry for yelling at you".

"No worries - it is rush time, we're all under stress to get this done. I just wish you would tell me who made the changes, or at least tell the boss who made the changes" I said.

She started yelling all over again.

I threw my hands up as if to say - Don't Wanna Hear It. I turned around and went back to work ignoring her outburst.
After the big-show, I had a slew of packages that I had to build. 41 packages total. I got them on a Thursday morning - and it took 30 minutes to build each one. This means it would take me 20 and 1/2 hours to build them all - Thursday and Friday - there are only 8 hours in a work-day - this meant that I would be at work late the next two days.

Somebody from the Product Assurance department was bringing in a crew of people on the weekend to test all 41 packages. I had to have them built by Saturday morning.

I got an E-mail from "N" on Thursday morning. She was having problems with a certain aspect of the code - a section that I had recently reverse engineered. I had every intention of helping her - but - as recently mentioned, I was busy.

My reply was kind (this is actual CUT-AND-PASTE with some words removed - to prevent people from knowing too much about where I work):

I never actually implemented the STOP function for the that.

Getting that to work will actually be tricky (which is why I never actually did it).

When I get a chance (beginning of next week) - I will look at it and try to remember what would have been involved in adding the STOP functionality.

Thank You
-Richard

P.S. - If you happen to figure it out in the meantime (or somebody else does) Please let me know - and maybe send me what was done to it. Thanks

She was having the same problem I was having with the code - except, she was being forced to do it now. I was busy until the beginning of next week.

She took the above E-mail WAY out of context, and immediately "flew around on her broomstick".

She was in C's cube (C is a man). We all work in cubicles - it is easy to overhear what others are saying. Especially for me - as I have exceptional hearing.

She said, "That is why I am going to go to HR and tell them he has been making advances towards me, and making obscene comments".

C replied, "You're being a bitch".

The whole floor went silent.

N said, "I'M being a bitch??"

C said, "Yeah, you're being a bitch."

The noise on the floor resumed. I overheard the whole conversation. She was going to FALSELY accuse me of "making advances" and "making obscene comments".

Unbelievable. All this for doing what the boss asked me to do.

I went for an early lunch. I went to a neighborhood bar and had several drinks at lunch. I kept thinking, "I'm gonna get fired because of some stupid bitch".

I came back to work, and continued building the packages. Good thing nobody smelled my booze-breath!

That night, Thursday, from 6:00pm until 10:00pm, I reverse engineered the code that she was having problems with, and implemented the "STOP" function.

I E-mailed her the file. And told her about the modifications I made to it. I did not get a reply - not even a "thanks".

The next night, Friday, I was at work from 8:00am until 8:00pm building the remaining packages.

The months that followed were horrific: I was getting called into my boss's office, my supervisor's office, my manager's office, the director's office - all because she was constantly bad-mouthing me to my superiors. I guess she let the "false-sexual-harassment" thing fly out the window with her broom-stick. Instead, she was simply bashing me to my superiors.

Why did I stay so late helping her out with the code she couldn't figure out?

Simple - I did not want to get fired.

The morals of this story:
  • Most women - when a confrontation arises - they do not let it go. They execute an evil vindictiveness that knows no bounds. To this day, she still bad-mouths me to my superiors any chance she gets. It was not until about 4 years ago that they started ignoring her.

  • Most modern women do not view the law as being a means of protecting others - or having anything to do with justice.

    Most modern women view the laws as a means of controlling, manipulating and punishing men - and NOTHING ELSE.

    In their minds, laws exist as tools at their disposal. Weapons and ammunition to be used in the fight against men.

Such laws include:
  • Domestic Violence Laws.
  • Sexual Harassment Laws.
  • Rape Shield Laws.
  • Violence Against Women Act
Many others - you get the point. It might seem like these laws are protecting people, but they are NOT. They are feminazi-style laws designed to do one thing: HURT MEN - PERIOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment