Friday, September 10, 2010

Postcards of the mind

I am glad Terry Jones has cancelled his Koran (Quran) burning stunt.
It was a very insensitive , unwise and un-Christian move. Already a church in Bhopal (Central India) had received a blow -up threat God only knows what else would follow.
Don 't try to conquer hate with hate Terry Jones.

Actually that 's what I am right now. My Desktop and Laptop are at war with each other. I changed my blog background yesterday using my laptop and posted a Sept 9th entry which you all read and commented on, but the background change and post does not show on the desktop. It 's not even listed under archives. This post also is not showing, although Blogger tells me that my post has been published. What 's wrong?
I hope the error corrects it self. Till then I 'll walk by faith and not by sight
I read a blog improvement article in my newspaper and they have listed some things which I find very helpful.
1. Your blog background should be neat and simple, not too ornamental, otherwise its distracting.
2. The font should be clear and readable. Avoid fancy fonts, its difficult to follow and visitors may lose interest after a few lines.
Actually I like large bold fonts. You just have to click on the bold icon next to fonts once and it will show that way each time you post something.
3. Avoid too many blinkies and widgets on your sidebar and the music player is a No-No. Its helps to keep your page neat and un-cluttered.
I find that the ' You May Also Like This ' boxes also slow down the opening of the page terriblely- the take ages to show up.
Tomorrow the Muslims celebrate Eid and the Hindus have their Ganesh Utsav. There is a great flurry of activity in the markets.
I went on a walk about yesterday and saw women getting henna tattoos on their palms and hands for the festivals. Food prices have gone up.
Someone told us that vermicelli which is a must for Eid was Rs 35 a Kg last week now its Rs 60.
Anyway I hope my Desktop stops playing mind games with me.
What about you? Have your machines been behaving themselves? Mine have a mind of their own and they want to prove it.
Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment