Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Something that Happened to a Friend of Mine

In 2003.

I was at a friend's house (he was renting it) having a silly time. We would drink booze, and just poke fun at everything. We would make fun of TV shows, video games, or whatever.

There was a knock at the door.

He went to answer it. A huge slew of yelling erupted from him and what sounded like his ex-girlfriend.psycho drama queen
The yelling continued for a while. The door slammed shut.

My friend came back into his living room, visibly upset.

I said, "Dude, I thought you broke up with her like a month ago or so."

He replied, "Yeah, actually longer than that - but she keeps coming by."

I said, "You should tell her to get lost and stay there - you know, you go girl - and stay there!"

He laughed a little, "I have told her that several..."

***CRASH***

He was interrupted by the sound of one of his windows breaking.

The crazy-b*tch was throwing rocks through his windows.Broken Window
***CRASH***

We were both speechless. He started heading to the front door. Before he got there, I heard tires screeching. She was peeling out and leaving.

About 2 weeks later, my friend phoned me.

He told me that the previous night, she showed up again and forced her way into the house. He was severely drunk (as he almost always was), and was not hitting back. He managed to barricade himself into his bathroom.

While he was barricaded in his bathroom, she used her cell phone to call 911. She told the police that her boyfriend was being "abusive" and that she was afraid.

When the police showed up, they arrested HIM. He was now out on bail from his brother.man being arrested
Keep in mind that at this point, he had broken up with her 6 weeks ago - she never cohabited with him. And, most important, each time she showed up, he would tell her to leave.

After they took my friend to jail, his ex-girlfriend trashed his house. She did over 7000 dollars worth of damage - nice guitars, amplifier equipment, video game equipment, T.V. etc...

I told my friend he should find a lawyer to sue the pants off of somebody.

He replied, "Come on Rich, I'm a drunk - I'm always drunk. All that they see is some drunk guy and an upset woman - the drunk guy loses."

I kept on telling him that he had witnesses (not just me but others) who had seen her violent behavior.

Despite my best coercions, he still refused to take any kind of action against the state or her.

-All that evil needs to flourish is for good men to sit by and do nothing.

I was sincerely disappointed that he wasn't going to do a damned thing, and that I could not convince him to do anything (neither could his brother).pussy pass

No comments:

Post a Comment