Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Vet Day

Yesterday Sheeba showed signs of being unwell.
Everyday at 3pm she comes to me and demands to be petted and fed. If I pretend to ignore her, she nudges me and barks at me.
Yesterday none of that and she refused food.
By this morning she was doing rather badly, she could hardly walk ,felt warm and drooled heavy saliva. All this made me very nervous an d anxious.


Without wasting any time we got on a rickshaw to see the vet. She got 3 shots and 2 kinds of pills to take morning - evening. She needs 2 more sessions of shots.
But she was feeling better within a short time. Had some biscuits and chapati with lentil soup. In the evening I gave her more bread and soup and milk and a bit of chicken.
She is going to be OK. I am so relieved. She is going to be 9 years old in December.



On the way to the vet I took some snaps with my mobile camera.


School is out - the boys are cycling home.




Allahabad is an academic city with a number of premium schools, colleges and university .
Student and professional classes and tutorials are big business here. On almost every prominent street you can see buildings big and small housing these educational centers.


A traffic policeman directing vehicles on a busy intersection. The traffic scares me. It s survival of the fittest.

Some more buildings housing coaching classes and businesses.


There was violence in Kashmir yesterday after a TV station (based in Iran) aired a video showing the Quran being desecrated in the US.
14 people including a policeman were killed, 40 were injured. Several government buildings and Christian schools , Tyndale Biscoe and Good Shepherd were torched. HERERead a news report
It doesn 't take long for evil to spread its tentacles.
Good news - today the lights did not go out at all and we had a good rain shower.
Let me end with an anonymous saying by a tribal elder of Ghana cited in the New York Times Feb 12, 1993
What I know ,that you ought to know, but do not know makes me powerful.

No comments:

Post a Comment