Monday, September 20, 2010

Rain Washed


Since the past few day we are having rains, that has brought down the temperatures and its not humid anymore.
We are enjoying the pleasant pre-autumny weather.


In the evening I went out to purchase some groceries, 10 mins walk from my house. While I was in the shop it started raining heavily. I waited sometime an d then getting impatient walked home thoroughly getting wet and sloshing in puddles. My mother was so worried, she thought I 'd die of pneumonia. I took a quick shower and changed into dry clothes, that 's all.

I like walking in the rain, its the puddles I don 'r t like.



This afternoon I watched a bit of the movie Shakespeare 's "The Merchant of Venice"

Made me go back to our High School days when we enacted that play.

Here is Portia' s court speech which I love so much.




PORTIA: The quality of mercy is not strain'd,

It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven
Upon the place beneath: it is twice blest;
It blesseth him that gives and him that takes:
'Tis mightiest in the mightiest: it becomes
The throned monarch better than his crown;
His sceptre shows the force of temporal power,
The attribute to awe and majesty,
Wherein doth sit the dread and fear of kings;
But mercy is above this sceptred sway;
It is enthroned in the hearts of kings,
It is an attribute to God himself;
And earthly power doth then show likest God's
When mercy seasons justice. .

PS- Please take a moment to watch the video I have posted below.

No comments:

Post a Comment