Monday, September 20, 2010

There was a warrant for my arrest...

A quick "back in time".

I had a rusty Datsun pickup truck at one point in my life. I never managed to get it fully working - it ran and drove, but had many problems. Once I had my first professional job as an engineer, it was rusting slowly on my mom's property (as it had been for maybe 7 years).

One day, my mom asked me to get it off of her yard, as it looked "white-trash". I called a tow company, and paid 50 dollars to have it removed from the property as "scrap metal". I signed the title of ownership over to the scrap-metal company that towed it.

It was about 2 months after this that I had quite an experience:

I walked onto the floor where I worked, just returning from lunch. It was 1994.

As I approached the secretary's desk (the secretary's desk was the first thing on the floor), the secretary, Jan, leaned forward and whispered:

"Richard"

"What" I whispered back.

"The Washoe County Sheriff's department just called - there's a warrant out for your arrest" she whispered.

"ARE YOU SERIOUS!" I spoke aloud.

"You might want to get that taken care of" she whispered.

I ran to my office, and called the Sheriff's department. They told me that the truck I sold as scrap metal was pulled over. Two young men were in it, along with a large quantity of methamphetamines, stolen firearms, and illegal firearms (sawed off shotguns). The two young men were claiming that they STOLE the truck: an excellent ploy by two intellectually lacking young men. Since they stole the truck, the drugs and illegal firearms did not belong to them - but must have belonged to the previous owner. Since I was the last registered owner of the truck, the police were forced to investigate me - despite my attempts to tell them that I had sold the truck as scrap metal (I no longer had the receipt - proof that I had sold it as scrap metal).

I actually had to go to a pre-trial over this. The defense and prosecuting attorneys chose not to bother putting me on the stand.

The point of this story is coming up:

When I went to the pre-trial, I saw two young men (say late teens or early twenties). One of them had a swastika on his left shoulder. The other had arms covered with various tattoos. They were both skin-heads - real winners (sarcasm). They were obviously into drugs (I KNOW that the "we stole this car" was merely a rouse for them to deny possession of drugs and illegal firearms).

The thing that pissed me off:

They had their girlfriends with them: Two super-mega-hot women, a brunette and a blond. Both were busty, thin, and extraordinarily pretty in the face. They had no tattoos or piercings. They both looked quite ordinary, except for their well-above-average aesthetic appearance.

I wondered: Why do such losers get totally hot women, and men who are better off and "square" do not get the time of day from such women?

I was 24 and the time, and searching for answers to questions like this, since I always did extremely poor with women (read here, here and here).

Many of the essays on various blogs/sites have helped explain why young women of high physical appearance are "drawn" to men like this. They make a lot of sense, but I am not 100% convinced of the answers they offer (I am about 90% convinced).

An incident similar to this one can be found here: I was a suspect in a murder investigation.

No comments:

Post a Comment